Sunday 5 June 2011

Dead ACE 2!




I have been waiting a while to get to play Dead Space 2. After thoroughly enjoying the first in the series I was quite eager to give this a go. I was not dissapointed...

Like in the first you play Issac Clarke. You awake in a medical station with no memory of the past three years but you soon discover all is not as it should be... the Necromorphs are back...

The graphics are just as impressive as the former and the controls are easy to master. The gore is of the finest quality, nothing quite beats blasting the limbs off the enemy, a complete dismemberfest! I love the weapons in the Dead Space games, entirely unique and savage. I wish I had my own Javelin Gun to pin my foe against the wall then send 50,000 vaults through them!

The horror element of this sci-fi survival game is up there with the original Resident Evil. The game is full of moments that make you jump out of your skin and the haunting images and flashbacks that trouble Issac through the game are just that, haunting.

The only downside to Dead Space 2 is that there's nothing new in the game. Theres no excitement in experiencing the innovative features it has as they were all in the predecessor. Not entirley a bad thing as the origional was so much fun.

I would descibe Dead Space like a cross between Event Horizon and Aliens, if you can picture those two movies in one game you;re on my wavelength! Alien is in fact a good comparison. The first Dead Space kind of mimics the 1979 movie by having civilians battling the Alien monsters, and with the sequal there's a more militaristic feel about it, minus the one liners. Stay frosty.

I hold Dead Space and this sequel in high regard - they are compelling, horriffic and action packed. Presented beautifully they are good on the eye and the hud is original and works fantastically. The single player campaign will take a good 10 hours to complete and there is now multiplayer to further enhance your experience with the game.

This game is damn good!

IMHO gives Dead Space 2    9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment